All Internet business owners want their websites to be profitable.Here are a few tips that could help you make your website a profitable one.
1. Address your targeted audience on your business site. Example: "Welcome Internet Marketers" or "Greetings Fellow Dog Lover". If you have more than one, address them all.
2. Make sure your content and graphics are relevant to your website's theme. You wouldn't want to use a bird graphic on a business web site.
3. In order for a website to be profitable, it must have repeat visitors. Offer your visitors incentives to get them to return to your website. You could give them new content, ebooks, software, ezine, etc. Alert visitors by email when you add new content to your web site. This will remind people to revisit your web site.
4. Bend over backwards to answer any questions that your visitors might have. Publish a FAQs for your business, product and web site. It should feature questions about multiple parts of your business. If the FAQ does not answer their question, then you should provide a way for visitors to contact you on each web page. L.ist your email address, fax number and phone number.
5. Give people the option of viewing your web site offline. Offer it either by autoresponder or printer friendly version.
6. Make sure a least 50% of your content is original. Another option is to offer your visitors something else original like software or an online utility.
7. Make sure all links on the navigational bar are clickable. If people can't get to where they want to go, then they will more than likely leave.
8. Organize you web site in logical and profitable sequence. You don't want to give your potential customers a freebie before they learn about the product(s) you're selling.
The above tips should help you to make your website a profitable one for years to come.