The Benefits of Giving to Charity
żby: Cait Genereuse
Five Benefits Charity Provides
Giving to charity benefits yourself as much or more than it benefits those to whom you give. That reason alone should be sufficient to justify starting now. If you need more convincing, read on:
1. Giving to a charity helps make our communities better places to live by helping to provide goods and services to people who might not otherwise have access to them. When we raise the standard of living for the the least able among us, we raise our own standard of living in turn.
2. What motivates you more: Having stuff or feeling good? If you chose the latter, you're not alone. Many have found over centuries of recorded history that their ultimate satisfaction came from helping those in need.
3. Those who witness our giving are reminded that we are all interdependent on one another for our care and well-being. That reminder can have a viral effect and motivate countless others to follow your example.
4. At the very least, your gifts to charity will be rewarded, in part, by the government in the form of a reduced tax liability. Business owners can especially benefit from this if they give through their businesses.
5. Some believe that what they give to the world is returned to them threefold, sevenfold, or even tenfold! Their experiences bear out their beliefs. The only way you'll find out is to start.
Any gift to a charity is better than no gift. Start at a level you're comfortable with now. Increase if, or more likely when, you feel able and willing to. Look at what your generosity does for others, and also observe the good that it does for you.
About The Author
Writer Cait Genereuse invites you to read more articles like this at her website, Rx for Charity. While you are there, subscribe to her newsletter. Go to http://www.rxforcharity.com.