Do's and Don¿ts in Email Marketing to Increase Your Income Online
¿by: E K Gann
Email is free. Or almost next to zero cost.
So take advantage of this and communicate with your customers and thank them for their business. Whether you send an email to one person or to a million people the cost is typically the same. It is an extremely effective tool for communicating with prospects and customers.
It is more expensive getting new customers. So when you get them keep them.
Building the List
Based on your business niche, acquire a relevant list of potential customers or prospects. Building up a list from the beginning can be time consuming. But once someone request to be put into your emailing list, you can periodically send them messages to keep them informed of your products or services. These are referred to as ¿opt-in¿ lists. Most importantly is with these lists, you have their permission to continue communication.
With your newly acquired high quality list, make use of it wisely.
These guidelines give you the Do's and Don¿ts in making sure you produce results in the coming years:
- Don¿t create a campaign that promotes scams or illegitimate businesses. Your offers and information should be legitimate, to create trust for a long time business.
- Do make sure the content is as relevant to the request the list asked for in the first place when they opt-in into your list.
- Do format your messages for easy reading.
- Do make sure the subject line are short and to the point.
- Do personalize the messages, like using the prospects¿ first name.
- Don¿t send too much or too often. They are annoying. Timed your messages, control the frequency. Prevents overusing.
- Don¿t include attachments. Many people will avoids opening attachments as this is one of the most common ways viruses are distributed.
- Do focus on the objective of your message.
- Do creates urgency to response to your offers.
- Do provide up sells, if the opportunity arise.
- Do promise your prospects that information you gather through the opt-ins are safe, and their privacy are maintained.
- Don¿t send your message to the entire list at once. Do some testing on a small number and monitor the responses.
Email Marketing will allows you to create an ongoing dialogue and established rapport with your prospects and customers. It can starts helping you to build those all-important relationships. And with this level of relationships that you have with your prospects and customers, it will determine your online business¿s success in the future years.
About The Author
This article is written by E K Gann. His aim is to work together and help others starting business online. Especially beginners who are facing problems and difficulties getting resources, and those in need for Personal Development; in marketing, sales, self improvement, motivation and continue education. He has been following the footsteps of a man who earns $3,244,842.32 in 27 months! You can do the same. Find out how he do it: http://www.altmarketingresources.com