By adding Adsense code on your content webpages, you can easily earn back your hosting fees. And if your websites have good traffic, you can make even hundreds to thousands of dollars a day!
Even if you have added Adsense code on your site already, you can still increase your profit by making some simple changes! Here are 8 proven methods to have a bigger check from Google:
1. Create a custom palette to blend the ads. For example, if your website has a white background, try to use white as the color of the ad border and background. This will make the ads look like it is a part of your website, results in more clicks from your valued visitors.
2. Always put the ads on the highly visible part of your website. For short articles, CTR (Click Through Rate) is best when the code are placed just above the content. For long articles, CTR increases if the code are placed somewhere in middle of the content - visitors read the long content and then they are looking for more resources.
On the whole, test the CTR for placing ads in different locations in your website. You will be amazed how the difference between the locations can affect your earnings.
3. Try to automate the insertion of the Adsense code into the webpages using SSI (server side included). Ask your web administrator if your web server supports SSI or not. Then how do you do it? Just save the code in a text file, e.g. save it as "adsense-code.txt", and upload it to the root directory of the web server. Then use SSI, call the code on your web pages. This tip can save you lots of time especially if you are using generate pages automatically on your website using page generator.
4. Use Text Ads instead of Image Ads as users can have more choices. More choices means bigger chances your visitors will click the ads they like.
5. Placing images above ads helps in attracting user attention.
6. There is a special kind of Adsense ads called AdLinks. Blend AdLinks with other navigation links or place horizontal adlinks at the top of your webpage.
7. If you want to add Google search box, open the search box results in a new browser window, so you won't lose your visitors. Besides, the search box is better on the top right corner. So you know where to put it.
8. You can block low paying advertisers with Filters. Why would you like to loose a visitor for 0.01 cents, right?
These tips have been used by many websites to boost Adsense income. Try them on your website and see how well these tips can improve your income.